Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday's Meals

     I have to say when I stumbled across Lyndsie's blog I was thrilled with her post on the "same" menu over and over. She is blog friends with another blogger that I follow Ashley. So visit their sites and tell me what  you think. Lyndsie started Monday's Meals to share meal ideas to get out of the same routine day after day. Here is my Monday Meal.
    In our house, regardless of the day, once a week is a Mexican style meal. I don't claim it to be "authentic" or anything, because it's not, but it's the inspiration that matters. Here you go!


TACO MONDAY

12- 6" corn tortillas
Oil for frying
1 Can Refried beans
1# ground beef
1/4 C taco seasoning
1/4C water
1 small onion, divided and chopped
1 small can of green chilles (can be ommited if you don't like spicy)
Lettuce, tomato, sour cream, shredded cheddar for topping

Heat oil in a large pan.
In a seperate pan, carmelized 1/4 of your onion and hamburger, drain excess grease.
Add in taco seasoning ,1/4 C of water, and chilles. Cover.
In the meantime, fry corn tortillas in hot oil.
Heat beans in another pan until warmed through.

To top:
Place taco shell on plate, spread beans onto taco shell.
Add meat mixture. Top with all your favorites.
I serve with the rice mixture below.


Mexi-Rice
1 bag of Minute rice-Cooked according to package
1 can- Black beans, rinsed
1/4 C Taco seasoning +1/4 C water
1 C frozen or canned corn

Mix all ingredients, heat through and serve.
If you like spice, I throw in jalepenos after the kids serving are plated.
Serve with a dolup of sour cream





God Bless,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! :) I love anything Mexican! Thanks for linking up!! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete