Thursday, October 28, 2010

Humility

In a rare turn of events, I have had to quickly learn humility. I remember way back when, several years ago I competed in numerous, too many to count, Miss Ohio preliminaries, in an interview I was asked, er we all were asked to define what humility was. That to me was a lesson learned. It definitely wasn’t what I thought it was!  Dictionary.com defines humility as: the quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance, rank, etc.
I probably should explain where I am going with this. In previous posts I explained my frustration with others criticizing my our choice to raise a large family. In almost an instant I am finding myself learning to accept things from the other side of the fence. There are the naysayers, but there are also those, who it is not necessarily their choice, commend me for our choice. It’s amazing. HE really does answer prayers!
Recently I have had the privilege to be on the receiving end of some very humbling comments. Two gentlemen and a handful of others recently made several positive comments with regard to our choice to “repopulate the earth” with many beautiful young spirits. These words were encouraging. It’s nice to hear these things once in a while.
While their comments definitely make me smile, I have had to politely correct them on a few things. I am not super mom, nor do I claim to be, I am simply a mom, a military wife, a claim adjuster, and a DIY connoisseur.
Proverbs 22:19 reads:
I am teaching you today—yes, you— so you will trust in the Lord.
This verse resignated with me today.  I have gone to the Lord for guidance on this very issue, and He provided response. The response isn’t what I expected, but it definitely made a point. The point that, whether we are wanting help and guidance in dealing with the naysayers or on the other end of the spectrum those who praise us. He is teaching us today, teaching us always. Humility is something that one learns, today I have learned this.
Trust in the Lord, he will provide!

GOD BLESS
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment