Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tis the season... (no not Christmas, but the Resurrection of Christ)

***********NOTE THIS WAS ORIGINALLY WRITTEN BEFORE EASTER... PICTURES OF OUR COOKIES AND MORE TO COME, BUT SINCE THIS HAS BEEN IN DRAFTS I FIGURED I SHOULD POST IT! :)****************************************************************

As we continue to grow our marriage, our family, and our values we (my husband and I) have found that one than remains prevelant in our home, that is the influence and the power of God. This year as we are nearing the Resurrection of Christ we wanted to spend time with our children doing activities and speaking to them without necessarily preaching to them. Yesterday we began our 11 day journey to emphasize what this season means to us.

We have had the strange privelige to just have the oldest two girls the last few evenings. It has been quite strange to not have toddlers at my feet every moment. Thankfully Josh picked them back up this morning so all things will be normal again! :) Organized Chaos... tis bliss.

Last night we started our Resurrection egg series and started with one of our craft/food making projects. We made rainbow/play dough cookies. Now I know there are probably questions as to why or how these cookies fall into Easter and what not... Well here is my reasoning which makes only sense to me. :) When I think of Easter I think of Spring and the birds chirping, blue skies with puffy white clouds, and with all the rain showers (which bring May flowers:)) there are rainbows. I believe when you see a rainbow someone from above is sending you a message. In addition to this, it has been my vow to myself, to my kids, for my kids that I will let go of the Type A person that I am, release the reins a little bit and start engaging my children in projects. You know what? I found this amazingly enjoyable last night! I measured all of the ingredients before we started, for two reasons, 1.) I love when people do this in their photo-ops, and 2.) I wanted the process to flow and no fighting allowed. This proved to be very successful.

Each day it is my goal (maybe every couple) to post photos of our projects. Tonight we are finishing the cookies. They had to be refrigerated for 2 hours and once we had everything mixed up it was too late to make them and bake them.

Tonight we'll be finishing the cookies and doing the next part of the Resurrection Eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment