Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Home School Schedule

Amidst the chaos of having a new baby and my husband leaving for Active duty, we have decided to also jump into home school. While it is likely that the kids will return to public school at the end of the summer, we will not be having a traditional summer break. I will be home daily beginning any day now so I will be utilizing the time off to educate our children. It is our hope that one day we will be home school parents, until then... It'll be a remidial summer school. We have been criticized for this, but it is what is best for OUR family. So after further discussion here is our schedule.

8-9a Breakfast, dressing, bed making, etc.

9-10a Bible Study; Daily devotions and lessons

10-11a Outdoor adventure/Science study

11-11:30a Reading Rehearsal

11:30-12:00 Lunch

12-12:45 Rest time

12:45-1:30 Arts and Crafts; If you see my previous post about crafts this will be a time that we will do some of these projects.

1:30-2:30 Computer time; I have obtained several educational programs for a fairly reasonable price

2:30-4:30 Free time

4:30-?? Cooking time. We will be cooking dinner together daily. This will be important for their future as successful women and wives. Trust me I'm not overkilling this, but it is essential for their development.

Also following dinner they will be cleaning up and further learning house keeping chores. WE are going to be making BIG changes around here!:)

I think that's it, however this may be revised as needed. :)

Love-Amannda

No comments:

Post a Comment