Monday, June 21, 2010

Lost, overwhelmed, you name it! And baby stuff

We are in the final days of this pregnancy. 30 days to be exact... I am feeling a little overwhelmed. I have WAY TOO MUCH TO DO!!!! I have no help and I really don't know where to begin! I believe that there is going to be a need to take the girls to the baby sitter everyday in the next couple weeks just to get it all done. This makes me feel so guilty, but things need to be completed... I do have to say part of the reason that things haven't gotten done on my part are that the weather has been unbearable. There is light at the end of the tunnel...I hope... There are Menonite builders coming TOMORROW to give the estimate on the roof, and as long as the estimate is inline with the insurance quote, they will begin work Wednesday and we'll have air conditioning by Friday. I know this seems sooooo crazy, BUT being 34 weeks pregnant in 90+ degree HUMID weather is just impossible to get things accomplished.

Once we get past the roof/ air conditioning obstacle then here is the short list of what MUST be completed before Lybei gets here:
Clean our room and closet so that she has a place to come home to.
Clean kids rooms
Clean living room----and put the yard sale stuff...somewhere
Clean the carpets
Clean Kitchen thoroughy and SCRUBBBBBBB the floor!!!!
Clean out the basement, you know where it flooded and no one will help me errr
These are just the things that I can think of off the top of my head, I'm certain there is more


I think my frustration lies that there are so many people who offered to help while my husband is gone, but now that I need the help, not one of them seems to be available...not to mention that I errrrr if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all... I better not say what I want in case someone stumbles onto my blog lol...

On another note...As I've said I am throwing my diaper shower...alone.... another long story that infuriates me, but I am excited for the shower. I have picked up several items that I have needed or wanted for the baby. My grandma and aunt bought me a new pack and play... It has a dome over it so the other girls can't get to her... I am going to be honest, I love it... but I will be buying a lock to lock the zipper when she is in it. It may be overkill, but the girls need to leave the baby alone. A simple luggage lock will do fine.

I also purchased a lot of 20 cloth diapers... I know, I know you are having a diaper shower and you just bought cloth diapers?? Well we aren't certain if we'll be able to keep up the cloth diapering, but we might... AND the price I found on 20 diapers and 20 liners I couldn't pass up! I am so excited for my shower... I have so much food planned... It's different than my original menu, and it keeps changing, so I am not going to post more on it until I actually have the shower because who knows what we'll end up with.

The only two major things that I am still looking to get are my swing... and the Pop-a-Tot contraption... Other than that, I THINK I am set... I could be wrong though.:) Oh and I need to double check my car seat... I may need a new one depending on the expiration date...

Now I'm off to watch the Real Housewives of NJ...

No comments:

Post a Comment