Monday, June 7, 2010

Diaper Shower

A good friend of mine suggested that I have a diaper shower for our little bundle of joy. I mulled around and I wasn't really sure what I was going to do, but I mentioned it to several people and they all thought it was a good idea, so I decided to run with it. I mentioned it to a couple people close to me thinking that they would be happy to assist with the events to no avail...Soooo I'm doing it alone, which anyone who knows me knows that its not uncommon for me to love to throw a party. Not exactly what I want to be doing 26 days before I have a baby, but I am determined to make it a success!

I thought I would share details of my event... Once over I will post photos. It is going to have a patriotic theme for a few resons... 1.) because we are naming her Lybertei, 2.) because I found about 400 dessert cups at a yard sale for less than $2.00 total and 3.) being that it is the patriotic time of year the decor is readily available. While I LOVE pink... I'm a little over it at this point. Time to move onto something different.

Here is what I am visioning for my party... I am going to set the room up in a horseshoe shape I think that way I can see everyone. I am going to place my four children beside me, yes I know its crazy but I am not only throwing the party, doing the food, decor etc etc etc, but I am also making sure that my four kids are right there beside me! I want them to know that even though we have a new baby coming soon that they are just as important to me. Also with Josh being gone they need a little bit of extra attention.

The tables will be decorated with Red and Blue table clothes. I am going to have place settings for each person as well. Each person will have two plates, with either a blue napkin and red plasticware or vice versa. (Ok it may be overkill, but it'll be festive) I am also getting plastic champagne glasses that I am going to tie ribbon on to. I will also be doing name placecards for seating.  Beyond that I am not quite sure of additional decorations at this point. Maybe a simple flower in a vase or something.

Now for the best part... The Menu!!!

Appetizers:
Veggie and Cheese Trays
Roasted tomato and cheese tartlets
Individual Cheeseballs

Meal:
Cheesey Potato Casserole
Sloppy Joes
Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
Mary Jo's Mac Salad
Mary Jo's Potato Salad
Desserts: (this is my favorite part, probably the most adventatious, but memorable)
Chocolate Caramel Cakes
Lemon Souffles
Peaches and Cream Tarts
New York Cheesecakes
Carrot Cakes
Jeweled Fruit Galattes
Peanut Butter Bars
Lemon Bread
Banana Bread

Beverages:
Fizzy Fruit Punch
Lemonade

I am very excited! On another note... I am a little concerned with the whole cloth diaper thing... Not about using them, because I have found that I actually really like them, but the ones I ordered from ebay... they are onesize fits all, I decided to try on Josey since we are still potty training and they are similar to panties. After just the first use and washing they are already looking like I washed them 100 times. I wash EVERYTHING in cold water, just because so its not because I washed them too hot... I'm going to have to do more research. I'm really kind of bummed because they are actually working out really well.  I'm just not sure how long they will last. My 2 1/2 year old pees a lot less than what a newborn is going to (theorhetically) so I'll be washing them a lot more. Hmmmm what to do, what to do.
Hmmm any thoughts fellow bloggers?


God Bless,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. How are you washing them? I have this site bookmarked for just in case we ever need it. :o) http://www.diaperpin.com/howto.asp Maybe that will help? I also think how well they hold up depends on the brand, the fabric that is used, etc.

    ReplyDelete