Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Easter Dinner for 50+...Chaos!:)

That's right, Easter Dinner for 50+!!! It all started when my husbands family wasn't quite sure what we were doing for Easter... Light bulb! With 4 small children lets do this right... We'll host, we have the perfect location: our church fellowship hall... So we offered and they graciously accepted. From there I thought why not invite the other side of his family and mine? It makes perfect sense!!!! Everyone in one area, perfect... KINDA!

Those of you who know me, or will get to know me, know that I am a go getter!!!! I have control issues and I LOVE the spotlight. I thought I would share what I am preparing... And a bit of what I know will be coming...

My Menu:
APPETIZERS:
Taco Dip
Cheeseball
BBQ Meatballs
MAIN DISHES:
My famous roasted corn
French cut green beans
homemade bread
Great Grandma O'Brien's Homemade Noodles
Roast
Turkey
Ham
My husband's Famous Baked Beans
Stuffing
Cornbread Casserole
DESSERTS:
Key Lime Pie
Cheesecake
BEVERAGES:
Ice Tea
Lemonade
Sherbert Punch
FAVORS/TABLE DRESSINGS:
Chocolate Covered Peeps
Tablecloths
Napkins/tableware
Centerpieces
Shwoo... I think that is all I am making, although something else may concoct itself in the coming days. As for everyone else, I know that they are bringing the following:
Veggie Tray, Cheese Tray, Homemade Carrot Cake, Veggie Pizza, and Pasta salad...
It should truly be a feast for all.
I have a "master" plan if you will, but lets see with 4 kids, not really sure how this will pan out.
Check back for updates... I'll post photos after the dinner for your viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment