Tuesday, March 16, 2010

7 wonders of Amanda's World

Ok so I haven't participated in a MckLinky post and thought it would be nice to start. :) Ashley posted yesterday the 7 wonders post and I thought why not. :) So here you go... NOTE: The blog is not as much the wonders of my world, but 7 interesting facts about me.

1.) I have control issues!~ I know this, and I accept it about myself. As you are aware I am a military wife. My husband is often away on excursions, whether they are two day drill weekends, two week Annual Training duties, or longer training... With four (and soon to be five) small children running around, Mommy has to have control of simple things such as dinner, homework, and such. My husband was recently laid off from his job, which in this economy, I shouldn't have been surprised. I am now the breadwinner and he is at home with fulltime Dad responsibilities, we may find this works, but if not then we'll work through it. I hate not having control of the situation. But as with all things God will see us through. I have to be honest though, it is nice to come home to dinner prepared and laundry done! I still put it away, because it is just easier this way.

2.) Family is by far first. While yes I am INVOLVED in numerous activities, I don't care, family is first. We are expecting baby number 5 and everytime we decide its time to expand our family, it is a family decision. While we have no intent on having 19 children... (I don't think that is God's plan for us) each of our children and at this point each of our daughters are a complete consideration. Their needs, wants and well being are top priority.

3.) I love moments when I can catch a quick bit of TV. I have to be honest I always thought DVR was well... overrated, now that we have it I can't live without it.  (I hope you know that is simply a figure of speech!) Its nice to escape when the kids have gone to bed and watch exactly what I want, when I have time, rather than scheduling life around TV.

4.) Cooking, oh how I love cooking! I wish I had more time to play in the kitchen. I have decided in the near future  I want to start bringing my children into the kitchen with me so that we can enjoy this passion together. I have to say as exhausting as it can be, and as much as I appreciate my husband having dinner ready when I arrive home, I will miss this aspect of evenings.

5.) Arts and Craft activities... I LOVE doing crafty things... and having daughters allows me to explore this even more! I do wish I had a bit more time to do them but I do love them. I would love to explore sewing more as I have a sewing machine, I just need lessons if you will!

6.) I love to endulge in spa days, not that I get to splurge all that often, but nonetheless when I do they are nice. Nothing feels better than a pedicure, massage, eyebrow waxing and a hair cut... I am counting down the days until my girls and I can enjoy this together. They are getting close. It just feels nice to be pampered once in a while.

7.) Bedtime, whether it is with my husband or with a bed full of little ones, I love snuggling in bed with my family and watching a movie or cartoons. I find that this is most special on Saturday mornings. How nice is it to be able to be smushed into bed between hubby and kids and listening to their little giggles. It truly is bliss.

God Bless,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment