Sunday, July 8, 2012

A long road ahead

Since June 19th my life has been a whirlwind of days that have ran together. Rushed to the hospital and being admitted to eventually thinking it was all going to be ok, to rushed into an emergency c-section at 27 weeks... and on and on.

Our little miracle is progressing as well as can be expected in the NICU here at The Ohio State University... She still has a very long road ahead of her. I can't imagine what we have ahead of us even though I have had several friends with babies who were born at a similar gestational age. Baby Caedynce is doing well with her feeds and we are almost to the point where they will be removing her PICC line.

Her CPAP is working on a minimum even though they will keep her on it regardless for at least another 2 weeks due to her gestational age. Her O2 is on 24% though which is VERY promising... We as adults breath 21%... So 3% plus time and we will be on our way.

The prayers we have received have emmensly poured through as they are what have carried us through, now if I could get healed then we would be golden! :)

That is the update thus far,

God Bless,

Amanda

3 comments:

  1. I am sending hugs and prayers your way for you, baby, and family!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,

    I found your blog through my sister Amanda's blog "Our Heart and Home". I was touched by your story and wish that I could just sit with you for a few minutes and listen. I am a soldier just recently off active duty. I have seen the hardships of military spouses. My heart goes out to you. My husband and I will be praying and want you to know that GOd is bigger than all this. In those moments when you feel you have no more to give or can take no more, He has enough to make it through the day for you. Remember, his mercies are new every morning and he always protects and watches over those who fear and love him.

    God bless,
    Brian and Erin Kingston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted you to know that you have won the Flexi Clip giveaway on Our Heart and Home. Please leave me a comment with your email address so that I can get you in contact with Teri to claim your prize.

    ReplyDelete